Thursday, March 26, 2009


Our next stop was Nicaragua - we were able to get our Passports stamped here. We were told it was just a few blocks away from the port entrance. Well after going around and down and across, it seemed like 10 scary blocks, we found the place. Then we walked over to the shopping area. It was really hot now and humid. Ryan was really bugged because all the children kept staring at him and following him around. Ryan told me that it was rude and to ask them to stop. I explained to him that I didn't know how to tell them this since I didn't speak Spansih! So sorry. We purchased a few items shirts, pins, hats, noah's ark minature, 3 little Mayan guys (Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil, and See No Evil), a bird whistle and a miniature clay pot. Back on board the ship we had mentioned the children staring and following Ryan, they told us that no one that has a disability in Nicaragua goes out. And that they probably had never seen a motorized wheelchair that was able to give Ryan such independence. Then it made a little more sense. To be continued. . .

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That breaks my heart.. people with disabilitys need to get out too!!!! another reason I love america and our freedom!!!!


ps.I'm loving these stories about your crusie..thanks for sharing them:)

Lisa said...

Vicki,
Thank you so much for sharing Ryan's things with my family. It is bringing so much joy to Mitch and the kids. I posted a picture of Ryan on my blog, hope you do not mind. Thinking of you and thanking you.
love Lisa