Thursday, October 2, 2008

Field Trip





Ryan had a field trip on Tuesday September 30th. His aide at school Ryan had been sick on Monday so we were not sure if he would be there on Tuesday. I told Ryan go to school and if your aide does not show up at his regular time of 7:15 a.m. call and your dad can go with you. Well 7:15 a.m. came and I thought great he has shown up. But no at 7:16 a.m. I get a call from the school and the aide is not there and Ryan needs to go to meet the bus to go on the field trip. I quickly woke up his dad (he works nights) and said you need to go with Ryan. His dad got it together in record time. Drives his truck over to school (not wheelchair accessible). Again I think great his off on his field trip. About five minutes later another call "Can you bring over the van, the bus that was sent to transport the kids was not a wheelchair bus". I jump in the van drive over to school, Lyman and Ryan are off. I drive home. What a morning!!! This is all before 8:00 a.m. The field trip was a career fair, a tour of a Boeing plant and a tour of a computerized manufacturing facility.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you're a 'blogger' now too! Yay for Ryan deciding he would go on the field trip. It sounds like he had a good time!

Julie said...

Yeah, I am so glad you are now a fellow blogger!
Can't wait to see all the fun things you will blog about...just like your scrapebooks.

Kim said...

Yippee...Vicki is a blogger!!! Watch out it becomes an addiction!