Friday, October 10, 2008

My Mom's Birthday


On Sunday October 12th it would have been my mom's 86th birthday. 21 years ago a week before her birthday she passed away. When she passed away I had just found out that I was pregnant with Marc and have always felt bad that I didn't get to tell her. We always used to tease her about being born on the "traditional" Columbus day. We would ask her if she was born in 1492 the day Columbus sailed the ocean blue. She was a great mom and grandma. If you mom is still with you enjoy every moment and every time together. My time with my mom was short I was only 31 when she died.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother. I know she is a very important lady in your life and that you still miss her every day. The wonderful truth you have is that she is with Brad and Marc and will take care of them until you can again!! I love you for the wonderful example you are to me every day ... and I am sure your mom is a big reason you are the amazing woman you are!!

Julie said...

I know you miss her! Happy Birthday to your Mom!

fivecutekids said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!